Heartbreak doll

Saturday 7 March 2015

I made this doll based on the brief 'Issues'. I decided to look at the issue of heartbreak and made a product designed to be aesthetically pleasing but also be a solution to the issue.
The doll works a bit like a worry doll (muñecas quitapenas) they are very small and colorful dollsWhen you cannot sleep due to worrying you express your worries to a doll and place it under their pillow before going to sleep. I took this idea and looked at Kintsugi, the japanese art of fixing things with gold glue. Fixing the broken object with gold glue treats the breakage as something to show its history and make it more beautiful instead of to hide it.
I have made my doll with delicate clay and mixed a golden glue to go with the product. The idea is whenever you feel broken you break a bit of the doll and glue it back together, showing that the breakage only makes you more beautiful and more interesting than before. 





No comments: